Haileybury Almaty provides a broad and balanced curriculum aimed at ensuring all pupils are able to enter their first choice of the best worldwide universities.
All instruction is in English, with the exception of modern foreign language lessons. It is important that all pupils entering Haileybury Almaty are capable of accessing the full curriculum in order to meet or exceed academic expectations. Pupils applying to join Haileybury Almaty are therefore required to take an entrance test to assess their academic ability and level of English language.
Pupils who demonstrate academic ability but have not yet reached the required level of English may be offered a place at Haileybury Almaty but will be asked to undertake intensive English lessons to support their entry to the school. The English Academy provides pupils with the intensive English language instruction to enable them to access the full curriculum as soon as possible.
The English Academy offers personalised and uniquely flexible learning programmes based on the English language needs of each pupil.
Pupils undertaking intensive English lessons with us will be placed in mainstream form groups as full members of the Haileybury Almaty community. They will participate in our rich CCA programme and house system with a core curriculum which allows for intensive English instruction.
In the English Academy, pupils are streamed based on an initial assessment and their curriculum adapted according to the number of additional hours tuition required. Our specialist teachers work closely with pupils to ensure they reach their goals as quickly as possible.
When our pupils are able to demonstrate that their English skills have developed, they begin the phased transition to the general curriculum, supported by our specialist teachers. Transition is arranged on an individual basis, in conjunction with Heads of School for continued pastoral and academic support.
We aim to place pupils in regular classes as quickly as possible while making certain that they are well-prepared for the demands of learning in English. Our goal is to ensure pupils are able to access the curriculum effectively and confidently, and to meet or exceed their academic potential.
· Hastening language learning; becoming more competent with language use.
· Small classes provides pupils with more opportunities to participate and share their opinions.
· Helping our pupils become more confident.
· Teachers provide additional individualised support and
feedback to ensure pupils reach their potential.
· Led by a highly qualified native English specialist.
· Staffed by EAL experts.
· Provides the best combination of instruction to help pupils make progress.
A supportive environment
· Well-being of pupils is paramount.
· Experienced pastoral staff provide a supportive
· The English Academy offers ongoing support as pupils
transition to a full Haileybury curriculum
A global language
· The English Academy is a step towards mastery of the English language - helping to open doors to some of the best universities in the world.
We would be delighted to answer any questions you may have regarding an application to Haileybury Almaty.
Please book an individual appointment at Haileybury Almaty
Leave your contact email and we will send you the necessary documents and requirements to enroll your child